Template: Desert Race
- Insulated: Desert races have fire resistance 5. If a desert race’s base species already had fire resistance, it is increased by 5. Desert races never suffer damage from extremely hot conditions (see DMG, Chapter 3, Heat Dangers).
- Reduced Water Needs: Desert races only have to drink half as often as normal races, but when they do drink, they require twice as much water as normal (see DMG, Chapter 3, Starvation and Thirst Dangers).
- Ice Vulnerability: Desert races suffer a -4 racial penalty to all saving throws caused by cold or ice damage.
- Cold Weakness: When a member of a desert race fails a Fortitude save to avoid suffering damage from very cold conditions, the damage dealt is normal instead of subdual damage (see DMG, Chapter 3, Cold Dangers).
- Sand Walking: Desert races suffer no movement penalties when walking on loose sand.
- Automatic Languages: As base species.
- Level Equivalent: Same as base species.