Template: Arctic Race
- Insulated: Arctic races have cold resistance 5. If an arctic race’s base species already had cold resistance, it is increased by 5. Arctic races never suffer damage from extremely cold conditions (see DMG, Chapter 3, Cold Dangers).
- Reduced Food Needs: Arctic races only have to eat half as often as normal races, but when they do eat, they require twice as much food as normal (see DMG, Chapter 3, Starvation and Thirst Dangers).
- Fire Vulnerability: Arctic races suffer a -4 racial penalty to all saving throws caused by heat or fire damage.
- Heat Weakness: When a member of an arctic race fails a Fortitude save to avoid suffering damage from very hot conditions, the damage dealt is normal instead of subdual damage (see DMG, Chapter 3, Heat Dangers).
- Snow Walking: Arctic races suffer no movement penalties when walking on snow or ice.
- Automatic Languages: As base species.
- Level Equivalent: Same as base species.