Template: Amphibious Race
- Gills: An amphibious race can breathe normally
- both above and below water.
- Swimming: Aquatic races gain a swim speed equal to their base species’ speed +10 ft. However, they are somewhat clumsy on land and their normal ground speed is equal to their base species’ speed -10 ft. (minimum 5 ft.). A race with a swim speed can move through the water at the listed speed without making Swim checks. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. The race can always take 10 on Swim checks, even if rushed or threatened. Races can use the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
- Regardless of the nature of the race’s attack types, it suffers no penalties when attacking underwater with a natural attack. Weapon attacks follow the normal rules for attacking underwater.
- The race can use all of its skills and feats underwater without penalty (except those that do not normally function underwater).
- Drying Out: An amphibious race suffers 1 point of temporary Constitution damage for every 6 hours it spends without exposure to water. The rate of damage increases to 1 point every 3 hours in particularly dry and arid conditions, but decreases to 1 point every 12 hours in especially moist and humid conditions.
- Automatic Languages: As base species, plus Aquan.
- Level Equivalent: Same as base species.