- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Intelligence, -4 Dexterity: Sathoni are formidable and hearty, but their tough skin reduces their flexibility.
- Medium-size: As Medium-size creatures, sathoni have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Sathoni base speed is 30 feet.
- Natural Armor: A sathoni has +2 natural armor. Sathoni skin is extremely durable.
- Limited Regeneration: A sathoni that loses part of its body mass can regrow it in 1d2 days. Holding the severed portion against the mass enables it to reattach instantly. In addition, the sathoniís natural healing rate is doubled.
- Plant Traits: Sathoni, like other plants, are immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and polymorphing. They are not subject to critical hits or mindinfluencing effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns and morale effects.)
- Speak With Plants (Sp): Sathoni can speak with plants once per day as the spell cast by a 5th-level druid.
- +4 racial bonus to Knowledge (nature) checks: Sathoni have an innate affinity for natureís processes.
- Darkness Sensitivity: Due to their dependency upon sunlight, sathoni suffer a -2 to attack rolls when in complete darkness. This penalty is in addition to any other penalty or miss chance caused by the darkness.
- Light Dependency:
Sathoni produce their energy through photosynthesis and are dependent upon sunlight, or a similar source of light (the internal lighting aboard most starships is sufficient), in addition to water and minerals to make their own food.
In normal climates, like other Medium-size characters, sathoni characters need at least a gallon of fluids to avoid dangerous thirst. Sathoni characters need to ingest about a pound of soil or similarly mineral rich substance and receive at least eight hours of sunlight per day to avoid starvation.
A sathoni character can go without water or light for 1 day plus a number of hours equal to her Constitution score. After this time, the character must make a Constitution check each hour (DC 10, +1 for each previous check) or sustain 1d6 points of subdual damage.
A sathoni character can go without soil for 3 days, growing in discomfort. After this time, the character must make a Constitution check each day (DC 10, +1 for each previous check) or sustain 1d6 points of subdual damage.
Sathoni characters that have taken subdual damage from lack of water, sufficient light, or soil are fatigued (see DMG, Chapter 3, Condition Summary).
This subdual damage cannot be recovered until the character receives sufficient minerals, water or light, as needed. Neither magical healing that restores hit points (such as cure light wounds) nor the sathoniís regeneration ability heals this damage.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Gnome, and Terran.
- Favored Class: Druid. A multiclass sathoniís druid class does not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing (see PHB, Chapter 3, Experience for Multiclass Characters). Sathoni are natural druids.
- Level Equivalent: +1