- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Dexterity, -4 Strength. Kobolds have lightningfast reflexes, but are physically weak.
- Small: As Small creatures, kobolds receive the standard +1 size bonus to Armor Class, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks. However, they must also use smaller weapons than those wielded by humans, and their carrying/lifting limits are three-quarters of those of Medium-size characters.
- Base speed: Kobold base speed is 30 feet. For their size, kobolds are extremely fast.
- Darkvision: Kobolds can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but is otherwise like normal sight, and kobolds are capable of functioning with no light at all.
- Light Sensitivity: Kobolds are sensitive to light-they are nocturnal creatures, and used to hiding in the darkness. They suffer a -1 penalty on attack rolls when fighting in brightly lit areas.
- Natural Armor: +1 natural bonus to AC. Kobolds have leathery skin and a wiry musculature that makes them hard to hurt.
- Racial Bonus: +2 racial bonus on all Craft (trapmaking), Gather Information, Profession (mining), Repair, and Search checks. The kobolds’ fascination with gadgetry aids them in repair work, and their reputation as harmless and rather laughable creatures often comes in handy when gathering information.
- Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Goblin and Orc.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer. A multiclass kobold’s sorcerer class does not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing (see PHB, Chapter 3, Experience for Multiclass Characters). The dragon’s blood that flows through the veins of the kobold race makes them quite skilled at the art of sorcery.
- Level Equivalent: +0
- INTUITIVE MECHANIC
- You have a natural knack for fixing mechanical devices.
- Prerequisites: Kobold only.
- Benefit: Repair is considered a class skill for you, and your racial bonus to Repair checks increases to +4. In addition, you may always take 10 on Repair checks, even if stress and distractions would normally prevent you from doing so.