- Ability Score Adjustments: +2 Constitution,
- Size: Small.
- Base Speed: 20 feet.
- Low-light Vision: Gnomes can see twice
as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions
of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail
under these conditions. * +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Racial Bonus: +1 to attack rolls against
kobolds and goblinoids (goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears): Gnomes battle these
creatures frequently and practice special techniques for fighting them.
- Dodge Bonus: +4 against giants.
- Racial Bonus: Gnome gain a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (chemistry) and Knowledge physics).
- Racial Bonus: Gnomes gain a +2 racial bonus on Repair checks.
- Racial Bonus: +2 on Listen checks.
- Racial Bonus: +2 on Alchemy checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven,
Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.
- Spell-like Ability: Once per day a gnome
can use Speak with Animals [per the spell] as a spell-like ability to
speak with a burrowing mammal (a badger, fox, rabbit, etc.). This ability is innate
to gnomes. It has a duration of 1 minute (the gnome is considered a 1st-level
caster when he uses this ability, regardless of his actual level).
- Spell-like Ability: Gnomes with Intelligence
scores of 10 or higher may cast the 0-level spells (cantrips) dancing lights,
ghost sound, and prestidigitation, each once per day. These are
arcane spells. Treat the gnome as a 1st-level caster for all spell effects dependent
on level (range for all three spells and duration for ghost sound).
- Favored Class: Illusionist and mechanist. A multiclass gnome's illusionist or mechanist class does not count when determing whether he suffers an XP penalty for multlclassing