- Ability Score Adjustments: +8 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom: Although physically imposing and wise, centaurs are not very smart.
- Size:Large: As Large creatures, centaurs have a -1 size modifier to Armor Class, a -1 size modifier on attack rolls, and a -4 modifier on Hide checks. They can use larger weapons than humans use, and their lifting and carrying limits are double those of Medium-size characters. Despite their size, centaurs still only have a reach of 5 ft.
- Monstrous Humanoid Traits: As monstrous humanoids, centaurs have darkvision 60 ft. and are immune to spells that target humanoids, such as charm person or hold person.
- Speed:Centaur base speed is 50 feet.
- Natural Armor: +2 natural bonus to AC.
- Unusual Body Type: Because of their uncommon physiology, centaurs seldomly find clothing or armor that will fit them. Typically, they must have such items made. Because they are a Large, nonhumanoid race, such items cost four times as much as normal, and are twice as heavy.
- Automatic Languages: Elven, Sylvan, and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic.
- Favored Class: Ranger. A multiclass centaurís ranger class does not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing (see PHB, Chapter 3, Experience for Multiclass Characters). The centaurís affinity for the outdoors makes becoming a ranger an obvious choice.
- Level Equivalent: +3